Website Interface Biologics Inc.
General Functions and Scope:
Interface Biologics Inc. is looking for a motivated individual for a 12-month contract. This is a project in collaboration with Evonik Canada www.Evonik.com, in the business line Health Care. After the contract period, there is a possibility of extension to full-time employment. The successful candidate will use his/her skill set, education and research experience in the fields of engineering, chemistry, and polymer / biomaterial science to aid in the research and product development activities to design biomaterials for improved biocompatibility and functionality of medical devices.
• Work with multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and business managers to develop new or improved biomaterials for anti-thrombotic and anti-fouling medical device applications.
• Design and execute experiments in the laboratory, including synthesis, purification, and characterization of polymer formulations, preparation of test prototypes through melt or solution-based processes, and testing of physical properties and in-vitro biological performance.
• Develop new test methods, analytical techniques, or assays as required, and prepare associated protocols or SOPs.
• Prepare study and experimental plans; maintain batch records and appropriate documentation.
• Summarize data in reports and presentations and communicate to work teams, customers, or management.
• Analyze results and data trends, troubleshoot development issues, and strive for innovative solutions.
• Interface with external suppliers, vendors, contract manufacturers, and contract testing facilities.
• Support optimization, scale-up, manufacturing, and QA activities for Endexo® polymers; support technology development and transfer activities to implement Endexo® technology in customer’s medical device products and associated manufacturing processes.
• Perform literature searches and follow new developments in the field to guide research objectives, product design and development, or creation of new IP.
• Effectively work with teams both on site as well as off-site through audio-visual meetings.
• Masters degree in chemical or biomedical engineering, polymer chemistry, or related discipline, with experience in research and/or product development of polymeric biomaterials or devices.
• Knowledge of or experience with polymer synthesis and purification methods; experience with polyurethanes and demonstrated ability to design and innovate novel chemistries to achieve target performance requirements would be an asset.
• Knowledge of or experience with polymer and material characterization techniques (NMR, FTIR, MS, GPC, HPLC, TGA, DSC, XPS, SEM, microscopy, contact angle, tensile testing).
• Experience with polymer processing methods such as extrusion, injection molding, film casting, coating, or electrospinning would be an asset.
• Experience with biological and in-vitro test assays such as protein adhesion, cell adhesion, bacterial adhesion, cytotoxicity, blood compatibility, and biocompatibility assays would be an asset.
• Skilled at independently designing studies and efficiently executing experiments to achieve target outcomes or solve technical issues.
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess risk, anticipate potential issues, and draw from multiple sources to propose creative solutions if needed.
• Detail-oriented, quality-focused individual with good organizational skills; able to multi-task several projects, appropriately prioritize activities, and adhere to deadlines.
This is a great opportunity to work with engaged, committed and dedicated colleagues in an innovative and progressive environment. Please forward your application to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest.
Interface Biologics, MaRS Centre, South Tower, 101 College Street, Suite 300, Toronto, ON
For detailed job description please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org