Master of Health Science (MHSc)
The Master of Health Science (MHSc) in Clinical Engineering educates students on how to apply and implement medical technologies to optimize modern health-care delivery.
This two-year, full-time engineering degree program consists of academic courses, a research thesis and provides students with real-world exposure through several internships with private sector companies, hospitals and/or research facilities.
- ~2 year research thesis
- 6 half-credit courses
- 4-8 month internship
- 4 year undergraduate degree in engineering from a university of appropriate standing
- B (3.0/4.0) in the final 2 years of study*
- Acceptance into this program is conditional upon finding and confirming a supervisor
*Despite the requirement of GPA of 3.7 on the SGS website, we'll be reviewing all applications above GPA 3.0.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Minimum required scores:
Paper-based 580 (TWE 4)
Internet-based 93 (writing 22; speaking 22)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS – Academic Module)
Minimum required score: 7.0 (6.5 must be achieved in each component)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (COPE)
Minimum required scores: 76 (at least 22 in each component and 32 in writing)
- Academic Preparation Course, International ESL Program
Minimum required score: a final grade of B in Level 60
Students are required to complete a minimum of 625 hrs (4 months full-time) internship outside of their thesis lab and work. Students may complete up to a maximum of 8 months of internship work. This additional 4 months can be a continuation of the first internship, a new internship, or work related to the student’s thesis. The final decision on whether a student should focus on their thesis or seek an additional internship outside the lab lays in the student’s hands. Should the student choose to work on their thesis in these 4 months, funding is contingent on the supervisor’s ability to provide funding. Funding for industry internships is typically $10,000/4 months, and $8,000-$10,000 for thesis-based internships.
- Tuition amounts are determined each academic year by the School of Graduate Studies—please refer to the U of T Student Accounts website for the most up-to-date information.
- Fees are reflected in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
- A minimum charge will apply for students who cancel their registration in the current session or on / after the published date for the first day of classes.
- Current students should refer to their detailed invoice on ROSI / ACORN for information specific to your enrolment status.
|Status||Cost / Year||Funding / Year|