Master of Engineering (MEng)
The MEng in Biomedical Engineering program focuses on the design and commercialization of biomedical devices. Learners will have the opportunity to take on applied design challenges and meet the growing demands of this industry through coursework and hands-on practical experience.
Length of study
One year (defined as the period of time for an academically well-prepared student to complete all program requirements while registered full-time).
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in engineering, or its equivalent, with an average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 grade point average scale (i.e., mid-B) in the final two years of study from a recognized university.
- Proof of English-language proficiency is required for all applicants educated outside of Canada whose native language is not English. View the BME English-language requirement policy to determine whether you are required to take a language test and for a list of accepted testing agencies and their minimum scores required for admission.
- University of Toronto medical students enrolled in the MD Program must apply through the MD Program Curriculum Office
- Possession of the minimum requirements for entry does not guarantee admission
- GRE score is not required
- Complete the online application and pay the application fee
- Arrange for your English test score to be reported electronically to the University of Toronto by the testing agency if applicable. The institution code for U of T is 0982-00 (there is no need to specify a department)
|Domestic||Full-time: Fall - Winter||Fees – Domestic Students; See Table 17|
|Domestic||Full-time Extended: Fall - Winter||Fees – Domestic Students; See Table 18|
|Domestic||Part-time: Fall - Winter (U of T MD/MEng students only)||Fees – Domestic Students; See Table 17|
|International||Full-time: Fall - Winter||Fees – International Students; See Table 20|
|International||Full-time Extended: Fall - Winter||Fees – International Students; See Table 21|
|International||Part-time: Fall - Winter (U of T MD/MEng students only)||Fees – International Students; See Table 20|
Last updated: January, 2022
|Program / Topic||Service / Contact|
|Graduate Admissions||Ask BME|
|Graduate Awards||Ask SGS|
|Financial Aid – OSAP, UTAPS||Ask Enrolment Services|
|Financial Aid – U.S. Citizens||Ask Enrolment Services|
|Financial Aid – Provinces outside Ontario||Ask Enrolment Services|
|Tuition & Fees||Ask Student Accounts|
|Study Permits & Immigration||Ask CIE|