The Institute of Biomedical Engineering (BME) is offering an opportunity for first and second year engineering science undergraduate students to be exposed to the fundamentals of biomedical lab work (e.g. microscopy, mammalian cell culture, DNA isolation, etc). This 12-week program will focus on molecular and cellular engineering.
The undergraduate bootcamp aims to engage students with a hands-on learning experience, fundamental laboratory skills, and improved technical competence, which will assist students gain a competitive edge when looking for research positions.
This program will take place in MB325 every Tuesday from 1pm-5pm. The undergraduate bootcamp will begin June 2nd and end July 28th.
Students will receive an honorarium of $500 for their participation!
*Revised schedule will be announced in light of recent events involving COVID19
- Must be a 1st or 2nd year engineering sciences student
- Have little to no exposure to biomedical techniques
- Must be able to commit to 12 weeks of the program since the honorarium is contingent on attendance.
Applications open: March 9th, 2020 @ 12:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Deadline: April 6th, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST
- Fill out the form below
- You will need to upload an unofficial transcript. A screenshot of your ACORN is sufficient.
- You will need to upload a copy of your most recent Curriculum Vitae or resume
- The undergraduate office will email students in late April with the status of their application. Successful applicants will be given more information about the curriculum and the necessary next steps.
This form is now closed.