Research Lab Match-Making
On January 14, 2022, the Institute of Biomedical Engineering (BME) will be hosting a virtual event, where prospective students can meet 1 on 1 with our core and cross-appointed faculty members.
Think of it as professional match-making for graduate positions. Eligible candidates will be invited to join the event.
The objective of this session is to maximize the number of meetings between students and faculty from the same discipline within 2 hours. Each session will be 5 minutes long, and you will only meet with people from your own discipline. Faculty member will only meet with students, and vice versa. You will not be matched with the same person twice.
Within the 5 minute time frame, the objective is to build a quick impression between the graduate student and faculty members. This responsibility lies with both parties. If both parties feel like there's chemistry (no pun intended), the participants are encouraged to exchange information, and engage in a more in-depth discussion at your own schedule after this event is over.
- Have maintained a minimum of 80% in the last two years for undergraduate or masters thesis
- Domestic applicants (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident) are preferred, exceptions can be made for international applicants
- You have not been accepted into one of our program yet
- Interested in doing research in molecular, cell & tissue, or clinical engineering research with one of our core or cross-appointed faculty members
- Only a selected number of students will be invited to the event, we will be in touch if you are invited to the event
The University of Toronto and University of Toronto Engineering is committed to increasing diversity among our community members. Excellence flourishes in an environment that embraces the broadest range of people.
Complete the form below by Monday, January 3, 2022. Selected candidates will be invited to the event by January 7th, 2022.